Friday, February 25, 2011

.BUDHA.

What a way to start your day... see, this is the way it happens in my "sedentary office environment".

there are meetings. at these meetings, in an effort to impress whoever important is IN the meeting, they bring snacks, sometimes a whole lunch. afterwords, there is always food left... and thats how I ended up eating THESE bad boys at 8AM for Breakfast...



its hilarious how it goes down. someone wanders into the kitchen to freshen up their coffee, they spot the treats, take a few and then BAM walk to everyone in the office and tell them "there is food in the kitchen!"

suddenly all the desks around me are empty, its time for a "Water cooler chat" when everyone stands around and chats while eating someone elses leftovers.

I love my job.



----------->

I wanted to introduce everyone to my Buddha. He sits proudly on my coffee table.



The laughing Buddha statue depicts a stout, smiling or laughing bald man in robes with a largely exposed pot belly stomach, which symbolizes happiness, good luck, and plenitude. According to legend, if one rubs the Laughing Buddha's great belly, it brings forth wealth, good luck, and prosperity. The most common statue is of him seated, but there also statue renditions of him standing in various poses while others with him in an reclining posture. The image of laughing Buddha statue is almost always seen carrying a linen sack (that which never empties) and is filled with many precious items (indicating wealth. He is patron of the weak, poor and children...

I just think hes cute.

I have a great respect for this little statue in my house.

I try and rub his wooden belly every day for good luck :)

i'd say im already pretty lucky.


Thanks Budha!

.x.x.

.R.

No comments:

Post a Comment