Sunday, January 17, 2010

.A.small.bite.of.the.OLYMPICS.



.WHAT.A.WEEKEND!.


SO...I started out my whirlwind weekend by watching my amazing sister Sarah run the OLYMPIC TORCH!

HOW SWEET IS THAT??

A once in a lifetime experience. I learned a lot about the torch, anyone interested? I don't care if you arent. MY BLOG....remember?

Everyone knows the history of the Olympics, it brings the world together, starting with ONE FLAME. this tradition has held on for years. the flame starts in Greece... and the Olympics bring it with them all over the world. my sister was part of this journey.
they Passed the flame all over Edmonton
I learned that the flame is kept in 4 separate lanterns, in case something happens to one of them. the flame CANNOT go out.
and the torch...well it isnt THE TORCH. there are literally hundreds of torches. my sister got to buy hers, she will have that momentum forever. before the torch got to her a woman stuck a key in it and turned on the butane tank...

apparently the flame is meant to be in the shape of a half of a maple leaf....what do you think?

we all had a great time in little Beaumont outside of a french school with hundreds of little bi-lingual kids cheering
.GO.CANADA.GO!.

also, it was my BIRTHDAY.

WOW... im 23...OLD!

haha Taylor has never had a birthday with me. (weird) but it was SO FUN.

first off my wonderful gym buddy .K. brought me CAKE (it was the weekend...freedom!) we had that at work, then that night my in-laws came! what a wonderful family, we went shopping and hung out and watched movies... in total T and I ate out 4 TIMES. ugh

back to the diet grind tomorrow...and im sort of looking forward to eating healthy and going to the gym again after THAT weekend... and I GOT A NEW PURPLE I-POD! :D it came with a sweet arm band so i can wear it at the gym. my hubby knows me :)


im ready for another long week!

.X.X.

.R.

1 comment:

  1. A. That is super cool, and RAD your sister got to buy her torch.
    B. 23 is NOT old. I turn 24 in like a week. Talk about old.
    C. I love reading about your resolutions to get in shape. It motivates me.

    Nice work lady!

    ReplyDelete