Monday, July 12, 2010

coke-zero-head.



my new obsession.

I have always been a diet coke girl, the "real" coke was just too sweet for me! but honestly, just out of nowhere yesterday I cracked a diet coke and was like....GROSS! I could taste every bit of aspartame in it! how upsetting!!! I was suddenly craving REAL COKE! EEP! sugar overload.

so I decided to try out the new coke zero.

let me tell you, its a winner!

how DO they do it?

well I did a little surfing, and I found this SORT OF UPSETTING article on the ingredients for coke zero...

Coke Zero Ingredients

Coke's marketing people talk about "zero consequences", but can they promise Coke Zero's ingredients are without consequences?

The ingredientsare listed on Australian cans of Coke Zero. Water anyone?

Carbonated water
Colour (150d) - aka "Sulphite Ammonia Caramel"
Food acid 338 - aka "Phosphoric Acid" (Also used for rust removal!)
Food acid 331 - aka "Sodium Citrates" (Also used in photography and as an anticoagulant of blood stored for transfusion!)
Flavour
Sweetener 951 - aka "Asapartame" (According to the US FDA, "the [National Cancer Institute] currently is studying aspartame and other dietary factors as part of a larger study of adult brain cancer." You might want to wait for the results before you drink it. Also, avoid this one if you're moody!)
Sweetener 950 - aka "Acesulfame Potassium" (Looking for reasons to avoid this sweetener? Look no further...)
Preservative 211 - aka "Sodium Benzoate" (Undiluted this stuff isn't too bad... Just don't let it touch your skin!)
Caffeine

WOW!

is it super terrible that this upset me, but I will probably still drink the 24 cans of coke in my fridge?

maybe a little...

.x.x.

R

No comments:

Post a Comment