Sunday, May 17, 2009

.my.side.of.the.story. - .T.

And so it begins... my first blog ever done by myself.. i should say something about this girl that has turned my life around, given me focus, and made me believe in myself. but more importantly us. 

2008 brought around some rough times for myself. In 4 days it will be my year mark since i left on my mission. I have been left thinking about what i have accomplished over the past 12 months and the lessons i have learnt. Due to medical concerns the leaders at the MTC decided it best that i return home to deal with them. Now this turned my life upside down, I felt used and unwanted, mistreated and discarded, not only by the church but by family, friends, and significant others. Like i was just a number. Not someone that had sacrificed for all 19 years of his life to go and serve. 

I talked with my mom on the phone and she, with all her wisdom, said "coming home will be very hard Taylor, i hope this is the right thing...". 

We put our trust in the leaders of the MTC to be guided and do no wrong... for a long time i thought they had wronged me, and made the decision with their worldly knowledge, and not with the guidance of the spirit. For months I chased my dream, until finally, I had made the decision that it was time to move on. 

I was not progressing in any direction, although i made great friends and learned to deal with the heartaches and pain that life brings along with it. Learning lessons i would learn no where else. Meeting people at particular times that will change the course of ones life. 

And there she was, asking me to come sit by her to watch the Flames game.. Rachel Craig, the girl who just returned from her adventure in South America. Since then I can count the days we have been apart on 1 hand since that day. And everyday has been a new exciting adventure since.

I know now why I came home... And I would have it NO other way.

Rachel accepts everything that I am, passes no judgement, but most importantly understands .me.

We broke down each others walls. 

She is my world, my love and soon to be my wife. It puts a smile on the face just thinking about it. Everything that both of us have learned, experienced, and been through have led to this moment. We are deeply in love, there is no question about that. 

Today is a very exciting day, for her, I'm just anxious haha. HER DRESS IS HERE!! But alas i cannot see it... FML. But i can see the sparkle in her eye when she thinks about it or talks about it. It warms me to see her like this. So I am off, to go eat with her and spend some time with the families.

Keep checking in, I will be posting shortly about the things that I love, enjoy, and envy about Rachel Cam...Craig ;) Soon tay... soon! 

And so it is, 

.I.love.her.

.Tay.

2 comments:

  1. Taylor, that was so incredibly touching. I'm glad you have found eachother. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey rach (since your never seem to answer your phone) check out this blog photo site. I really like her last shoot. http://jennacole.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete