Thursday, January 5, 2012

The girl with the screaming brain?

Tonight I got homeAnd didn't want to go to the gymAgain.




Boss pawed at my legs to go outside and gave me that "I have so much energy it's coming out of my eyeballs" look.You know the one...




.. I checked the weather and it was about 2 degrees.

I will run.

When I realized that I had left my headphones at work I hesitated... But after some thought I hooked up the Boss, started my watch and went for a quiet run.

So.quiet.

I use music as a way of distracting myself. Normally because I'm in a gym and hate listening to meatheads grunt and sweat (yes... Listen to them sweat...)

Tonight I heard:

The panting of my dog.
The crushing of ice under my runners.
My ponytail brushing against my running jacket.
The "tap tap tap" of my feet.

And my brain going....

"OH MY GOSH! You idiot! Why are you running? You hate running! Ugh, your lungs! They are burning! Watch out for that ice! I hate EVERY second of this. our legs hate you. I'm cold... Oh.. We're done? Hm, I guess that was okay."

Welcome to my brain.




All in all I'm glad I went...Now I can tuck into my warm bed... And quietly fall asleep...Right brain???




Sigh.4:45 is going to come way too soon.




xxR

1 comment:

  1. oh man. I haven't felt like going to the gym in so long. Brutal. But. I go, and I feel so good after I do. Aw. I wish I had an adorable dog to take running(but not running, cause I gave that up) p.s any advice on Ecaudor would be greatly appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete