Thursday, March 4, 2010

burgers, fries..and caramel apples?

I .LOVE. being .HOME. I mean, home is Edmonton now...but you know, the original home.
the family farm
the old friends
the old smells
the old feelings.

.T. and I got to go to CANMORE for the weekend last weekend just to spend some time together. we haven't really done a honeymoon yet...so we take little weekends whenever we can, were still hoping South America or maybe Mexico, is in our near future...life can get so out of control!

but anyways, while we were in Canmore ALL I wanted to do was drive the little while west to BANFF and get a CARAMEL APPLE!
seriously. im obsessed (but not pregnant ;) )
when .T. just wanted to go home, I moaned and complained the whole way home until finally, exasperated, .T. said
"LISTEN, I promise I will get you a stupid caramel apple in Calgary!"


...................


game on.

when we got back to T's parents house we started the search. who would have thought it was so hard to find a caramel apple in Calgary? we called EVERYWHERE in the south, further north, north north... until we finally found ONE PLACE to get a caramel apple.

by then I had T's little sister Becca on board, and we were both FRANTIC to get a good caramel apple! - T - but who wants to drive that far for a stupid caramel apple??

- WE DO!

finally .T.'s mom piped in. okay girls, lets just go

.AND.the.adventure.begins.

we hopped in the car and drove oh, probably 45 minutes across town (see how easy it would have been to just go to Banff?...not to rub it in...)

to Sunridge Mall!

Taylor and his mom were laughing and following Becca and I as we skipped in to get our prize!
and there it was!

THE ROCKY MOUNTAIN CHOCOLATE COMPANY! - the best caramel apples in town...or...the only?

and they looked FLAWLESS!
this kind little old man cut one up for us to try, and we were hooked. so...in true campbell form...

we each had to have three

and then, not to be outdone - .T. insisted on stopping on the long trek back at our second favorite place in Calgary besides home...

PETERS!

.burgers!.
.and.fries.!

.WE.WERE.ALL.SMILES.
all in all - it was the HAPPIEST day that I have had in AGES. If I sound like a spoiled brat...hey, nobody is arguing... and if you call me a fat kid... I might be offended...but again - not arguing!

Thank you T, mom, and Becca!

.x.x.

R

2 comments:

  1. haha ! i love this post ! that was a fun day ! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make trevor drive up to that new mall way up north just to get those. p.s. if you ever were to come see me when you are here I make pretty awesome caramel apples myself. It is a survival technique. I can't live without them

    ReplyDelete