Wednesday, June 29, 2011

//Rodeo.Style//

OH HAAAAAAAY!







SO yesterday I had a chance to go out to my BFF Kelti's family farm and meet her horses... well, some of them were horses... the rest were pony's! cutest little guys EVER!



There were a few babies running around... and when you go up to them, you can literally pick them up! its so adorable! (not that they like being picked up and carried around...)








isn't she SWEET!? I just wanted to pick her up and put her in my car and buckle her up and take her home and watch her prance around my house in all her mini-glory!! - I know I know... crazy thoughts again// but wouldn't that be hilarious! - little horses. HA!





Then we got down to business. some big ol' quarter horses needed a little bit of exercise!
we saddled up and took them out for a run...

now these horses were not tame horses... but I wasn't expecting this.. we were doing a slow run, and that horse just threw her head down and went rodeo style on me!
I held on with all my might, and she wasn't able to throw me (bragging? a little...)
Kelti looked back just as I was gathering myself and yelling...

"I've never felt so alive!"

at the end of the day the old girl and I made up, and had a pleasant little ride before it got too late and we had to brush our horses down, set em out to pasture and call it a night.


its been probably 6 years since Ive been on a horse. the girl I used to be was a horse-addict.
horses all over my room, painted on my walls, drawings on every notebook I had.
I know that girl is still in there. it felt so good to let her out... let her be that country-girl again






The summer is just beginning... I cant wait to see what other parts of me feel like coming back out. This summer will be full of fun, love, laughs and futures... Rodeo style.


xx


rc

1 comment: