Friday, December 30, 2011

I want to be great.

its almost the weekend.


Lots of people were asking how I lost the bit of weight I have lost over the last little while...

so when I went to the gym yesterday, I really thought about it.




I have been a yoyo dieter my whole life... I take things to the extreme. im never "sort of dieting" or "popping into the gym for 20 minutes"


its go hard or go home for me. - to a fault.


when I decided to start dieting, I cut my calories way back. too far back.


when I started exercising, I realized that I needed to eat more.


but it didn't mean that I needed to eat huge enormous meals.


my body wont let me anymore.


I eat more often, I try and make my meals 250 cal or less. my stomach cant handle more than that...


Meat has worked its way out of my diet... I have replaced the protein with Lentils and Oatmeal etc. not because I don't want to eat a bloody steak... but because I cant. sometimes I wonder if its my body telling me..."Thank you"


I cant go to the gym and walk on the treadmill for 20 minutes anymore.


ever since I ran my marathon, I realized that if you want to see results... you had better work your ass off. Literally.







I go on the elliptical cross trainer for about an hour... 755 calories shows a good workout for me.

on "heavy" days... I make my goal to burn 1000 calories. I will hop from Bike to Treadmill to the StairMaster... until I hit that number.


it takes a long time, but I have no life.


im realizing the importance of protein and rest days again. I can feel my body breaking down if I work it too hard for too long.





Long story short... I have a lot of learning to do.



I have a lot more to learn about my body and how to diet and work it down to exactly what I want it to be.



when I have kids, I want to be healthy and active.





I want to be great.





Happy New years everyone.





R

No comments:

Post a Comment